How Roast Beef Made Hash With A Story They Thoroughly Cooked
STATEMENT OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY
Channel 4, Monday June 17, at 9 pm
"Scientologists at War" is a figment of Channel 4's imagination.
Rather than take a serious, thoughtful look at a global new religion expanding at historic levels, Channel 4 and its for-hire producers rehashed tired, preposterous myths invented and spread by a former Scientologist motivated by greed and anger. Because there are no facts to support Channel 4’s premise about Scientology, the producers instead relied on the same predictable embellishments, exaggerations and religious smears spun over the last four years to get media attention and to sell self-published print-on-demand books.
The reality is that the “star” of this amateurish production is a paranoid self-promoter who oozes self pity. What the documentary actually reveals is the pathetic end result of his deconstruction into insignificance.
The only “war” being waged exists in the irrational imagination of this individual and less than a handful of associates whose obsessions make up the heart of the program. His conflict is delusional. His hostility is inexplicable.
The real story Channel 4 could have chosen to tell is the unprecedented worldwide growth by the Church that puts to rest any notion of a phantom “war.” Indeed, in the past year, more than 40 million people have visited the Church of Scientology’s websites, including www.scientology.org, to get the real picture of Scientology. Some of the most recent developments include:
- Humanitarian initiatives and social betterment programs carried out daily by thousands of Scientologists reaching millions of people worldwide. Initiatives include drug abuse prevention and rehabilitation, education, criminal reform, human rights and morals education.
- The opening of 37 new Churches around the world including 15 since the beginning of 2012—in Sacramento, Orange County, San Jose and Los Gatos, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Denver, Colorado; Florence, Kentucky; Buffalo, New York; Hamburg, Germany: our first in the Middle East, in Tel Aviv, Israel; Cambridge, Ontario Canada; Padova, Italy; and Portland, Oregon, enabling the Church to minister to more and more parishioners.
- Greatly increased capacity to make Scientology available to more people by:
- Completing a 25-year program to restore and recover our Scripture making available more than 2,000 of L. Ron Hubbard’s lectures.
- Establishing digital, print-on-demand, religious publishing facilities in Los Angeles and Copenhagen, Denmark capable of publishing 500,000 books and 925,000 CDs per week.
- Establishing a new 185,000-sq.-ft. facility to produce Church dissemination and humanitarian materials. This state-of-the-art printing plant operates at 10 times previous levels for virtually the same cost.
- Film production to disseminate information and advance our social programs, the newest being Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought book-on-film feature.
People all over the world embrace the Scientology religion because of the workability of L. Ron Hubbard’s discoveries about the mind, the spirit and life. The Church is prepared to service them all. Those interested in the facts should visit www.scientology.org.uk.